I’m generally not the type fond of big summaries and new year’s resolutions. New Year is rather arbitrary. Life neither stops nor starts there, but coincidentally, this year it’s close to a divide.
2018 has probably been my quietest year, despite a lot of things going on in the background.
- Reached first draft with the second book of my Witchhunter series. It took a long time due to hectic availability of writing time and the crazy amount of background investigation and preparation I invested. (More about this in a future post.)
- Partially written a companion book to the Witchhunter series that will have a subset of the above background work. It’s going to be a “pseudo book” written and assembled by one of the PoV characters.
- Written a few short-stories, bound to end up in Open Mind – Book 2.
- Got involved in learning play scripts, screenwriting and short films. (Planning to write “Three” for the stage, and maybe a short film in 2019.)
- Wrote the first sketches of a short film named Leaf.
- Been on a handful of literary events and workshops. (And got approached by possible publisher contacts.)
- Started writing my first book in Hungarian (you never saw that coming 🙂 )
Plans for 2019:
- Publish Witchhunter – Black Shadow early February.
- Publish Three around summer, and related scripts by the end of the year.
- Publish Open Mind – Book 2 around Christmas.
- Finish Dávid és a Góliátok by the end of the year. (If you haven’t guessed it, this is the Hungarian book 😉 )
- Exhibit again and present at UKIndie Lit Fest. It has been named one of the Top5 UK Literary Festivals.
- Keep working with our great West London Author Group. (Drop me a message if you are interested.)
As a kind of New Year resolution… like… ish…. whatever…. I will spend more time on my blog updates. Probably 😛