I’m generally not the type fond of big summaries and new year’s resolutions. New Year is rather arbitrary. Life neither stops nor starts there, but coincidentally, this year it’s close to a divide.
2018 has probably been my quietest year, despite a lot of things going on in the background.
- Reached first draft with the second book of my Witchhunter series. It took a long time due to hectic availability of writing time and the crazy amount of background investigation and preparation I invested. (More about this in a future post.)
- Partially written a companion book to the Witchhunter series that will have a subset of the above background work. It’s going to be a “pseudo book” written and assembled by one of the PoV characters.
- Written a few short-stories, bound to end up in Open Mind – Book 2.
- Got involved in learning play scripts, screenwriting and short films. (Planning to write “Three” for the stage, and maybe a short film in 2019.)
- Wrote the first sketches of a short film named Leaf.
- Been on a handful of literary events and workshops. (And got approached by possible publisher contacts.)
- Started writing my first book in Hungarian (you never saw that coming 🙂 )
Plans for 2019:
- Publish Witchhunter – Black Shadow early February.
- Publish Three around summer, and related scripts by the end of the year.
- Publish Open Mind – Book 2 around Christmas.
- Finish Dávid és a Góliátok by the end of the year. (If you haven’t guessed it, this is the Hungarian book 😉 )
- Exhibit again and present at UKIndie Lit Fest. It has been named one of the Top5 UK Literary Festivals.
- Keep working with our great West London Author Group. (Drop me a message if you are interested.)
As a kind of New Year resolution… like… ish…. whatever…. I will spend more time on my blog updates. Probably 😛
I was just gifted with a new fan-art of Scarlet. Lovely style.
Shared it on the fanart page.
Last year I missed the event by a couple of days, but this year I’m attending.
First, the basics…
Location: Kala Sangam Arts Centre St Peter’s House 1 Forster Square Bradford BD1 4TY
Date: 2017 August 26, 10:00-17:00
Entry fee: FREE
Homepage: UK Indie Lit Fest – 2017 Festival
I will have a table, a handful of books and custom Witchhunter bookmarks that should arrive from print this week.
Looking forward to meet readers, existing and aspiring authors.
The blog chat will be enabled during the day and I might post a few pictures.
Here is our next big event!
Come and enjoy a refreshing spring treat of books. More than hundred books in various genres. Everyone is sure to find something to their liking.
I just published a page about science fiction styles and how I prefer to tag them.
Do you agree? Have a different view or another approach in this matter? Please share your view!
You’ve never looked at science fiction stories and universes this way? Has this helped you better understand any of them or got a new view? Eager to hear about it.
With tides calming down after relocation, I restarted my work on Black Shadow.
Writing progress is around 10% now.
I started working on the cover, but that will take some time to do…
Will soon look for some beta readers as well. (hint 🙂 )
A little late because of ‘life’, but here is a link to a podcast by Amanda Steel, featuring The Withhunter: Red Shadow.
Amanda’s Reading Recommendations @Amanda_S_Writer
The podcast features three books. All have some paranormal content.
From July 1 to July 4 we are going to have the latest ‘free or cheap’ book event. It is our (#SIAFBB) first anniversary and over 75 books participate.
Come and check the list of books on the above link. They change day-to-day in this period.
Books are of all genres. You can be pretty sure to find at least on to your liking.
Today is a big day. I started writing the second book of The Witchhunter trilogy, titled Black Shadow.
In the first book, the Witchhunter had to face the witch who is connected to his past and opens his eyes. He had to face the Red Shadow, as other witches often call her.
In the second book, Conley is back in the Real World and has cope with someone more difficult to face. Himself, the Black Shadow. One of his many names from the witches. He decides to investigate and find out as much as possible about the witches (he thought he knew well) and the Other World (he just visited). Meanwhile, the witches are more desperate deciding to cooperate and take their chances with a more open hunt for the hunter.
First beta reads expected around August-September.
Open Mind by Zoltán Pósfai
Mercedes has a great blog with many good interviews. Today she published the interview she did with me.
It includes information about my soon to be published science fiction short story collection Open Mind and also a sneak peak into another story I plan to adapt for stage.
And of course you will find a lot of good interviews with other authors too.
Please have a look at it at Mercedes Fox Books and share your views.